How much of your thoughts and actions are concerned with the length of your life? But do you think about how to live the width of your life? What do you think is stopping you from adding to your life now, in this moment.
But i’m Afraid
New ideas can be scary. However, everyone can make a micro change. Here are a few ideas to start to live the width of your life:
- Slowly take in a deep breath, closing your eyes, letting it slowly out. Repeat.
- Return the friendly barista’s smile at the coffee shop.
- Feel the warmth of the sun on your face, close your eyes, and lift the corners of your mouth ever so slightly.
- Practice pulling your shoulders back, lifting your rib cage and looking straight ahead.
Do you journal? Is meditation a part of your day? Do you practice living in the moment? These are ways you can start living life to the fullest.
How do i start to journal?
It’s simple. Just follow these steps:
- Wake up 30 minutes early
- Gather a spiral notebook and pen or pencil
- Set a timer for 30 minutes
- Start writing anything, even “I don’t know what to write”
- Go with the flow, writing down anything that comes to your mind
- Stop when the alarm goes off, or continue if you’re on a roll and have time
- Repeat every morning
Journaling will get the mental juices flowing, breaking up log jams, opening up your ability to live the width of your life.
Be brave. You can do it!
How will you start to live the width of your life today? I really want to know.
If you enjoyed this post, please sign up for my newsletter, which you will receive each time I post.