It’s finally here, the new year or new decade, 2020. I’ve heard so much grumbling about 2019. Did you review 2019 by reading or watching all the lists of famous people who passed on or the number of tragedies?
Blessings of 2019
Not me! I focused on the blessings I experienced in 2019; my cruise to Alaska, the excitement of my first Zipline, putting my health in the forefront with workouts and a personal trainer, joining Noom to eat healthier, exploring meditation in a deeper way and teaching my first class about Reiki meditation.
There Were Tough Spots Too
Sure, there were some difficulties in 2019. I released them. They are in the past, gone.
New year resolutions are a ghost from the past. Rather it’s time to assess what you really want, create the big picture and the goals to get you there. Since 2020 is the beginning of a decade, it feels so much more important than 2019. Now is the time to determine your intentions. I’m going to let you in on a secret about intentions and affirmations. You must feel it. Visualization is great, but if you don’t feel the emotions of your dreams, they may fall flat.
The time is now to start your journey. Let others know what you are doing in the comments below. For me, I’m starting the Dream Creator Mastermind with Connie Chapman.
Happy New Year
Let’s embrace the possibilities in the new year or new decade. Both are exciting. Happy New Year!
How much of your thoughts and actions are concerned with the length of your life? But do you think about how to live the width of your life? What do you think is stopping you from adding to your life now, in this moment.
But i’m Afraid
New ideas can be scary. However, everyone can make a micro change. Here are a few ideas to start to live the width of your life:
- Slowly take in a deep breath, closing your eyes, letting it slowly out. Repeat.
- Return the friendly barista’s smile at the coffee shop.
- Feel the warmth of the sun on your face, close your eyes, and lift the corners of your mouth ever so slightly.
- Practice pulling your shoulders back, lifting your rib cage and looking straight ahead.
Do you journal? Is meditation a part of your day? Do you practice living in the moment? These are ways you can start living life to the fullest.
How do i start to journal?
It’s simple. Just follow these steps:
- Wake up 30 minutes early
- Gather a spiral notebook and pen or pencil
- Set a timer for 30 minutes
- Start writing anything, even “I don’t know what to write”
- Go with the flow, writing down anything that comes to your mind
- Stop when the alarm goes off, or continue if you’re on a roll and have time
- Repeat every morning
Journaling will get the mental juices flowing, breaking up log jams, opening up your ability to live the width of your life.
Be brave. You can do it!
How will you start to live the width of your life today? I really want to know.
If you enjoyed this post, please sign up for my newsletter, which you will receive each time I post.