Did you know you are worthy? Absolutely. Rather, you knew when you were born. Some of us maintained that knowledge for awhile. In contrast, many of us had life experiences that dimmed our knowledge of self worth.
This past week, I made steps toward acceptance of my worthiness. How? Through the investment of beautiful wooden knitting needles and replacement of the inexpensive Walmart needles I was using. These Lykke Driftwood needles allow an ease of knitting that amplifies the calmness knitting brings me.
How Do You Restore Worthiness?
Truly, you have never been without it. Rather, it’s uncovering your inner knowing of your worthiness. This is not an easy, 1-2-3 you’re done, process. In the short list below, I’m linking to my earlier blogs with deeper exploration on some avenues to answer the question, “Did you know you are worthy?”
- Spend time discovering your values
- Daily Meditation
- Taking time for self care
Let’s Delve a Little Deeper
I’m not going to kid you. This is a process that takes time and commitment. In fact, I suggest you pick only one of the links above to explore. How do you know which one is the best place to start?
- Sit comfortably in a place you feel safe
- Direct your gaze downward or close your eyes
- Breathe in deeply through your nose
- Relax your lips and allow the exhale to slowly leave your body
- Read the list above, slowly and pause on each one as you connect with the feeling in your body; tingling, warmth, coolness, any other change
Where you felt different in your body while reading one of the linked bullet items is the place to start.
Be Gentle With Yourself
When we have lost the feeling of worthiness we were born with, it can be a slow process to find it again. Remember that each day is a new start. Today you can start a short, 5-minute meditation. Tomorrow you can repeat the same meditation… and then… before you know it… 200 days straight.